The customer detected inefficiencies on logistics flows with serious delays in the management of means of transport, especially in managing the timing required by frozen products. Therefore, an organizational intervention was necessary to analyse the supply chain and achieve a more efficient and autonomous management of the business.
- Analysis of the entire supply chain and logistics flows, from raw material entry to finished product shipment;
- Presentation of a project for the automatic preparation of trucks which would optimize truckloads and picking preparation;
- Evaluation and optimization of the supplier base of external logistics carriers;
- Reorganization of the logistics office with staff rotation;
- Improvement proposals for stock reordering.
The changes made reduced cost items related to the use of external carriers by about 30%. 100% utilization of trucks was also achieved in terms of both capacity and punctuality. Warehouse workforce was optimized, and a more flexible multipurpose structure was created.